What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture involves inserting very fine needles into specific points along the meridian to correct imbalances and improve the flow of Qi in the body to boost well-being.
How does Acupuncture work?
Acupuncture points are energy points on the meridians, which are pathways through which our Qi flows. In TCM theories, blockages or stagnation of Qi at these points may result in pain, tension and even poor health. By stimulating these Acupuncture points, it promotes both Qi and blood flow resulting in not only pain relief but also healing as blood flow brings nutrients to the affected area. Contrary to popular belief, Acupuncture is not painful as the Acupuncture needles are very thin. This is a desirable option for patients as our physicians will use needles for both localised treatment and distant needles to correct the underlying body constitution and correct imbalances.
Acupuncture commonly help alleviate the below symptions:
• Pain management and inflammation – Arthritis, Back/Knee Pain, Headaches/Migraine, Muscle Aches
• A recent study in the Archive of Internal Medicine has shown that Acupuncture reduces pain, Up to 15% when used for a variety of different types of pain
• Supports recovery in serious conditions like stroke, post surgery
• Mood and sleep conditions – Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Cognitive decline
• Skin conditions – Eczema, Acne, Anti-ageing, Gastrointestinal issues
• Respiratory problems – Cough, Fever
• Chronic conditions – Hypertension, Diabetes, High Cholesterol (Metabolic Syndrome)
If you are interested in detailed benefits of acupuncture, feel free to contact us at
Cancer Care Acupuncture
A cancer diagnosis accompanies many stresses – physically, mentally and emotionally.
At Oriental Remedies Group, our physicians have supported numerous cancer patients with great success in managing their side effects and stressors as they undergo conventional treatments. Acupuncture treatments are focused on improving the patients quality of life.
Patients report the below benefits using Acupuncture treatment during conventional treatments of oncology:
• Strengthened immune system
• More energy and reduced lethargy
• Reduced cancer treatment side effects
• Reduced anxiety
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed, we would like to help, please contact us at
+65 8142 2163 for a personalized consultation.