Research shows that for allergic rhinitis and infantile repeated respiratory tract infection, moxa stick application for 10 days or 1 month was more effective than medication! – Chinese Acupuncture Journal, 2008
What is moxibustion?
Moxibustion is a heat therapy in which dried plant materials called “moxa” are burned near the surface of the skin to warm the body and dispel certain pathogens. Practitioners typically use moxa to warm regions and meridian points with the intention of stimulating circulation to promote a smoother flow of blood and qi. Some believe it can treat conditions associated with the “cold” or “yang deficiencies”. Scientific reviews have reported an increase in red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets around the area of treatment, effectively improving oxygen uptake by the cells of the body.
Acupuncture commonly help alleviate the below symptoms:
• Reduces pain, especially due to injury or arthritis
• Reduces digestive problems and irregular elimination
• Reduces gynecological and obstetrical conditions, including breech presentation in late-term pregnancy
• Protection against cold and flu strains
• Researchers found that 14 sessions of moxibustion reduced the frequency and severity of hot flashes